Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Books of 2012 and New Years Resolutions

Why Hello fellow Survivors of 2012!

This last year, I went on a huge reading kick. I didn't really start until over the summer when I was working 2 jobs. I found one of the things that really calmed me down during all that stress was reading and once I started, I couldn't stop! So here is a complete list of all the books I read in order of having read it. Note: Some of these are plays and I've marked them as such.

A year in books :)

1. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
4. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
5. Crank by Ellen Hopkins
6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgentern
7. Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
9. The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
10. The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson
11. The Book of Madness and Cures by Regina O'Melveny
12. Pure by Julianna Baggott
13. World War Z by Max Brooks
14. Ragnarok: The End of the Gods by A. S. Byatt
15. The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
16. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
17. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
18. The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice
19. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
20. Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
21. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith
22. Love, Love, Love by Mike Barlett (play)
23. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
24. Amped by Daniel H. Wilson
25. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
26. No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz
27. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
28. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
29. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
30. Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore
31. Gods of Gotham by Lindsay Faye
32. The Radleys by Matt Haig
33. Red Lips by Connie Gault (Play)
34. Lucky Bunny by Jill Dawson
35. East of Berlin by Hannah Mascovich (Play)
36. The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson
37. When she woke by Hillary Jordan
38. Anna dressed in blood by Kendare Blake
39. Bright's Light by Susan Juby
40. Starters by Lissa Price
41. A long, long sleep by Anna Sheehan
42. The Snow Child y Eowyn Ivey
43. Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
44. The Maze Runner by James Dashner


I'm 5'3" (160 cm)  in case you wanted a reference
Now most of these books were pretty awesome but I definitely had a few favorites as well as... not so favorites.

Best of the Bunch (So hard to choose!):
-The Book Thief
-Cinder
-The Road
-The Snow Child

Worst of the Batch:
-Of Poseidon
-Bright's Light
-When She Woke


Choosing my favorites was really hard. I continually had to edit the list because all of a sudden I would have 20 books on the list!

I also figured I would quickly talk about New Years Resolutions instead of putting it in a separate post. In past years, I've never really given myself any resolutions but this year I decided that I wanted to make some changes in my life (that will hopefully be for the better). This year I wish to:

1. Incorporate art into my everyday life (not many people know but I used to draw quite a bit!)
2. Give myself time to learn about things that I find interesting
3. Incorporate music into my everyday life
4. Make time for mediation whether it's a moment of silence or writing in my journal.
5. Live a healthier lifestyle

Do you have a favorite book or a new years resolution? I'd love to hear from you so comment below!

Cheers,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment